Mango & Passionfruit Fridge Cake
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 12 Arden & Amici Savoiardi biscuits
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tubs of mascarpone cheese
- A dash of vanilla essence
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 mango peeled
- 2 passion fruits halved
- Fresh mint and icing sugar to serve
1. In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water and warm gently to dissolve the sugar.
2. Lay the Savoiardi biscuits into a shallow dish and pour over the sugar syrup to soak the biscuits a little. (They don’t want to be soggy!)
3. Line your rectangle-shaped tin with cling film and make sure to smooth it out as much as possible.
4. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone with the vanilla essence.
5. Now, pop in a layer of Savoiardi biscuits into the tin, top this with a layer of mascarpone, lay on some raspberries, then add another layer of Savoiardi.
6. Repeat this process until you reach the top of the tin.
7. Once finished, pop in the fridge for an hour, just to firm up.
8. After the hour is up, take the dessert out of the fridge and remove it from the tin.
9. Turn the cake out onto the plate you are serving it on and remove the cling film.
10. Now add another layer of mascarpone and arrange the rest of the raspberries and slices of mango on top and using a spoon drizzle over the passion fruit.
11. Decorate with mint and icing sugar and serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Setting time: 1 hour