Lemon & Plum Tart
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
FOR THE PASTRY
- 190g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
FOR THE FILLING
- Zest and juice of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 150g A&A Amaretti
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 120g butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons Limoncello liquer
- 6 plums, cut into wedges
- Icing Sugar for dusting
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large bowl and use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add 2-3 tablespoons of cold water and mix to a dough. Bring together into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to fit a 25cm loose-based flan tin. Grease the tin with a little butter, then line it with the pastry. Leave to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F / gas mark 4. Line the pastry with grease-proof paper, fill with baking beans (or a small handful of uncooked rice) to ensure the pastry does not rise and bake blind for 15 minutes i.e bake without any filling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing the beans/rice and paper.
4. Put the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add the cream, almonds, sugar, eggs and butter and mix together to a smooth paste using a hand blender. Stir in the Limoncello.
5. Arrange the plums on the base of the pastry case and pour the lemon mixture on top.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the tart to cool in the oven.
7. To serve, decorate with a thick layer of icing sugar.
Preparation time: approx. 40 minutes