Italian Chilli Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 120g good-quality dark chocolate (75 per cent cocoa solids), grated
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 100ml full-cream milk
- 1 red chili halved and seeds removed
- Whipped cream to serve (optional)
- Arden & Amici Cantuccini for serving
1. Fill a small saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Place the chocolate, icing sugar and 2 tbsp milk in a small heatproof bowl then place over the pan of water and stir until chocolate has almost melted and the icing sugar has dissolved. Be careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
3. Slowly add the remaining milk and stir continuously until well combined.
4. Continue cooking over a low heat, add the chili (or half if preferred) for subtle flavour.
5. Remove from heat when the mixture becomes thick and velvety and coats the back of the spoon.
6. Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream if desired and Arden & Amici Cantuccini.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes