- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 15 min
- Serving Size4
- 1 pack Arden & Amici Savoiardi
- 200g Dark chocolate and extra for decoration
- 100ml Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of amaretto or rum (optional)
- 500ml Double cream
- 1 Sachet of gelatine
- 5 Strawberries (halved)
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and add it into a pan with the milk. Gently heat on the stove, stirring all the time until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth glossy ganache. Take the mixture off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks. Set some aside for decoration.
3. Fold the chocolate ganache and amaretto or rum into the cream.
4. Make the gelatine up to the instructions on the packet and fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Using a 20cm baking mould set on a serving plate or a loose bottom cake tin, place the Savoiardi on the base (breaking some up to make it a ‘snug’ fit) and around the side of the mould or tin.
6. Pour in the chocolate cream and allow to set in the fridge for an hour.
7. Remove the mould or sides of the tin, decorate with piped cream, halved strawberries and grated chocolate.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 1 hour